Margin lending is a great way for you to increase the size and diversity of a portfolio.
Administered by Bell Potter
Direct margin lending
With Desktop Broker you can gear a share portfolio by trading directly from a Direct Margin Lending account. This integrated solution enables you to place orders, settle your trades and earn a decent daily interest rate on your clients' cash.
Desktop Broker's new margin lending facility is administered by Bell Potter Capital and offers:
- A flexible loan facility
- Your clients' cash and geared shares consolidated into one trading account
- A fully automated solution, so stock holdings immediately reflect executed trades
- All trades administered by Bell Potter Capital using straight through processing, just like any other Desktop Broker share trading account
- Free conditional orders
- An extensive approved security list
How the Direct Margin Loan works
- Loan to Valuation Ratio (LVR) and margin loan rates are benchmarked to best in market
- Earn a competitive interest rate on your cash (when your account has a positive balance). Alternatively, when your margin loan is drawn down you’ll pay a variable margin loan interest rate.
- Current headline variable loan rate is 5.35% p.a. effective 6/11/2020. For a full variable rate schedule, please email email@example.com.
- Benchmark 12-month fixed prepaid rate for June 2021 is 3.90% p.a.
|12 month fixed prepaid rate schedule|
|$0 - $249,999||3.90% p.a.|
|$250,000 - $499,999||3.75% p.a.|
|$500,000 - $999,999||3.60% p.a.|
|$1,000,000 - $1,999,999||3.25% p.a.|
|$2,000,000 +||3.20% p.a. Email firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Orders validated online as they are placed
- See real time data for your LVR every time you view a stock or on the order pad along with:
- Set email and SMS alerts to let you know if your client's loan is in the buffer (i.e. when the margin ratio is 100% or more)
- Pre-pay interest
- Trade on the go from your margin loan account using the Desktop Broker website or your Smartphone
|Minimum initial loan||None for variable, $25,000 for fixed|
|Minimal loan balance||None for variable, $25,000 for fixed|
|Minimum loan drawdown or repayment||None for variable (does not apply to fixed)|
|Minimum call buffer||10% of the geared value of the shares|
|Minimum loan balance||None for variable, $25,000 for fixed|
Want to know more
If you have any questions:
- Send an email to Desktop Broker
- Call our client support team on 1300 726 177